Dental Emergencies Happen. We're Ready to Help.
Dental emergencies can occur at any time and are caused by a variety of different issues. They tend to be painful and may potentially be dangerous if not treated right away. Luckily our office in Austin, TX provides emergency dentistry treatment!
Some common dental emergencies people encounter are:
- Toothaches – A toothache is a common dental emergency that can be caused by a variety of factors, including tooth decay, a cracked tooth, or an infection. The pain can range from mild to severe and can be accompanied by swelling and sensitivity to hot and cold temperatures.
- Broken or chipped teeth: A broken or chipped tooth can occur due to a fall, a blow to the face, or biting down on something hard. Depending on the severity of the damage, treatment may involve dental bonding, a crown, or a root canal but it’s best to contact a dentist so the problem does not become worse.
- Knocked-out tooth: Knocked out teeth require immediate attention in order to preserve your smile. It is a common issue and can be remedied in our office if care and attention is given in a timely manner.
- Abscessed tooth: An abscessed tooth is a painful infection that occurs at the root of a tooth. The pain is very noticeable so it is vital that a dentist treats this as soon as possible to avoid losing healthy teeth as well. Treatment may involve draining the abscess and a course of antibiotics, but this is judged on a case by case basis.
- Lost filling or crown: Losing a filling or crown may feel as if a part of your tooth your used to feeling is missing. This dental emergency may expose the inside of your tooth, which leads to extreme sensitivity and pain. Luckily, re-seating a crown or sealing your tooth again is not a difficult procedure and your dentist can have you on your way in no time.